With so many paint companies in Australia, brands and colors available in the market, it can be quiet frustrating for one to decide which one to choose when plan on renovating your house, office or any place you’d like. Selecting paints can be quite a challenging task for many with so many available options, especially for those who do not have any interior designing experience or background. Colors that are used should be picked rightly as they tend to influence your mood and increases productivity and enhances focus of a person. It is due to this reasons, we have come up with some tips on how to choose the right paint colors for yourself.
- Choose a shade of a color that compliments well with the tools and equipment and specific pieces of furniture in the room which you cannot afford to lose or replace. One has to ensure that the things available in the surrounding and the wall color should not clash but complement well. If you have old piece of furniture and you are short on a budget to replace them with something new, choose a paint color that goes well with it.
- If you are someone who is unsure of colors, it is always safer to go for colors that are neutral in tones. They are less likely to irritate one in the eye and brings in a soft and soothing effect to the environment of the particular room or area. Also, it is always safe to get a neutral color match with the surrounding.
- make sure that when you choose a color selection, it is done rightfully as they tend to intensify more when painted on the wall. A safer suggestion is to go for a color tone lighter than that you originally select.
- If good lighting is a problem in the particular room or area, make sure you choose a color that brings in more light or reflects more of it there. Color selection plays a vital role in these matters.
- once you think you have found “the color” for your walls, try a test coating on a small area of the wall and check it out throughout the day to see whether the lighting changes it or not. If it does or doesn’t, just see if you like it either way or not and then finally decide if you’d still want to go for it.
- For choosing paints for the exterior, make sure you are going for colors that go well with the foundation and roof since they remain the same always.
- If your walls are damaged a bit, get yourself a paint that hides those imperfections well.